Thursday, June 26, 2014

We Met a Guy Named Joel


This photo represents the main reason we made the trek to Monster Bash. Joel Hodgson's "Mystery Science Theater 3000" has been a part of my life for over twenty years. It became "appointment viewing" for me and my Dad throughout my college years and a staple of seminary dorm life as well.

Somewhere along the line, I introduced MST3K to my son, and he has become a huge fan and a "riffer" unto himself. In fact, you could say that "riffing" has become a mode of existence for us, with verbatim MST quotes forming a code language that only we truly understand (much to my wife's occasional chagrin.) So the opportunity to meet the person who has influenced our lives to this extent was undeniably fun, yet it had an unspoken poignancy, at least for me.

Here's me, Andy, Tom Servo and Joel Hodgson. Keep circulating the tapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment