Monday, April 11, 2011

Blast from the Past


Godzilla fandom has not only introduced us to some great people, but it has also been a link to renew old friendships.


Just today I received the t-shirt pictured here from my best boyhood friend, who ran across it in a second-hand store and picked it up for me. What's especially great is that in a bit of synchronicity, Andy and I had just been watching this commercial on You Tube and enjoying it tremendously. Thank you, DCV, for your generosity and thoughtfulness!


Tonight Andy and I watched the first hour of GMK, and I just enjoy the heck out of that film. As a one-shot, sort of "alternative history" Godzilla movie, it works for me, and most importantly the visuals are stunning. I've stated this many times already, but that G-suit is in my top three, and the musical score is remarkable too. If you haven't seen a Godzilla movie in a long time, this (Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack) is the one to watch!


P.S. Andy recognized G-FEST guest-to-be Hiroyuki Watanabe in this movie. Good eyes, Buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment